The Pacific Islands Private Sector Organization (PIPSO) is the peak body representing the region’s private sector to ensure effective private sector representation in regional policy making processes and relevant business development activities. PIPSO is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced person for the position of Resilient Project Officer.
Key responsibilities are summarized as follows:
• Establish a Pacific regional private sector disaster and resilience network;
• Implement a communication strategy and share best practice and support increased functionality and content on PIPSO’s website; • Strengthen private sector engagement in disaster risk management in the Pacific;
• Create strategic partnerships and identify opportunities for collaboration through the Pacific Regional Private Sector network, Fiji Business Disaster Resilience Council, and the Pacific Regional Private Sector Network;
• Strengthen the capacity of the private sector to engage in disaster risk management in Fiji;
• Embed the private sector into disaster risk management structures in Fiji; and,
• Ensure the sustainability of the activities initiated through resource mobilization.
Applicants should hold an undergraduate degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Climate and Disaster Risk Management or other related field 5 years of relevant experience in the private sector, and/or at the national or international level in strategic relationship management, providing management advisory services, resource mobilization and knowledge sharing.
For more details, interested applicants should download the position’s job description available on the PIPSO website, www.pipso.org.fj Applications are to be addressed to the Chair of the Board, Pacific Islands Private Sector Organization, P.O Box U30, Suva and can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.