Deadline: 31 March 2017
The United Nations Common Fund for Commodities is seeking applications to support organizations and enterprises engaged in commodity value chains in its member countries.
The CFC provides a range of financial instruments in support of business activities in the field of commodity development, including agriculture, minerals and metals in Developing Countries that, besides giving a sound financial return, also deliver a measurable social and environmental impact.
- Social: Create employment (particularly for youth and women), provide sustained increase in household incomes, reduce poverty, and enhance food security.
- Economic: Enhance production and productivity, achieve higher local value addition; improve competitiveness of producers, producer organisations and small and medium sized industries, support the financial sector development.
- Environmental: Enhance production taking into account the environment and its long term possibilities for the same, or increased use of productive resources while maintaining or reducing the impact on the environment.
The CFC supports implementation of activities along the value chain that:
- are innovative, scalable and replicable,
- are financially sustainable,
- have a potential measurable positive socio-economic and environmental impact on the stakeholders in commodity value chains as compared to the prevailing baseline situation,
- develop stronger connections with existing markets or create new markets along the value chain,
- increase financial or other services available for commodity producers and commodity based businesses,
- enhance knowledge generation and information dissemination, and
- build effective and cost efficient collaboration between producers, industry, governments, civil society organisations and other stakeholders for commodity based development.
Eligible entities include all legal public and private entities that:
- operate in commodity value chains in CFC member countries or provide financial services to micro, small and medium sized businesses operating in these value chains,
- have a proven relevant track record of sound commercial operations in the proposed activities over a period of at least 3 years, which can be documented by means of (audited) financial statements, and
- share CFC’s values, including internationally recognized principles concerning human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption as reflected in the United Nations Global Compact.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by submitting the application form available on the given website.
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Finland, Gabon, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Kenya, Kuwait, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mexico, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Somalia, Spain, Sri Lanka,Sudan, Swaziland, Sweden, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United Republic of Tanzania, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For full details please download the call for proposals and submission guidelines:
- Call for Proposals (PDF)
- Application form (PDF and Word)
- Instructions for completing the application form (PDF)
- Balance Sheet and Income Statement (Excel)
For any questions related to the Open Call, please contact: